/head>

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Baby Blues...

I got a new Bass Amp! Yippie! It's a SWR Baby Baby Blue Bass Amp. The Baby Baby Blue is a 160-Watt Tube Amp with a 1x10" driver plus tweeter. This little fella, though only measures up to 19" tall is pretty heavy! It weights about 39 pounds (approx 17.5kg). However, this is much much better than my existing Trace Elliott 715 which is a ginormous which requires two people to carry it. I was first attracted to its size but when I plugged in a bass to try... GOSH! It has the most incredible sound! Yup, though little, it's packed with a punch! Like cilipadi! Now, I've gotta figure out how to carry this baby back to KL!
Front Panel of the SWR Baby Baby Blue
Talking about babies, I had such a great time yesterday. I met up with my colleague and had breakfast with him. We had one of the best Bak Kut Tehs in Singapore and met up with his baby, Kristen. Ooooooo... She's soooo adorable! And when she saw me, she just couldn't resist! In fact, she was so comfortable, she just rested on my shoulder. Awww... I think I'm in love!
Baby Kristen and Me
As I was saying, I had Bak Kut Teh and it's really different from the ones we have in Klang. This Bak Kut Teh is more like Pepper Soup with Pork Ribs. And they had this Giant Pork Knuckles which were to die for! I'll do anything to go back there again the next trip! I also had some sugar cane with lemon. Strange, isn't it? Lemon with sugar cane? Well, it's the first for me. Man, who said Singapore food ain't great! I love it, man!
Pepper Bak Kut Teh
Giant Pork Knuckles
Sugar Cane with Lemon
I visited New Creation Church at Suntec City this morning, arrived late, so I could not go into their main sanctuary. We were directed to the overflow room which was nothing spectacular. The sermon was about the resurrection on Jesus. Though Pr. Joseph Prince was not speaking, the speaker that day really sounded like him, even the actions and jokes he makes. Man, they do train their pastors well. Even when the Senior Pastor is not around, they have an almost exact replica of him speaking on the pulpit! What really surprised me was when the service ended. I was shocked to see so many people lining up for church. This was the first time for me. If only people in DUMC were as fervent and as hungry for the Word of God and not sluggishly get off the bed and sluggishly get into the car and sluggishly drive to church. Gosh, this people at New Creation actually lines up hours before the service starts! I really admire their hunger for God's word.
People Lining Up for Church
I'll be attending the Intentional Disciple Making Conference in Orchard Hotel by Covenant Evangelical Free Church tomorrow with Rev. Edmund Chan. I'm so excited as I really have very high expectations about this conference. There are about 100 DUMCers going for this conference. I would want to bring back to KL what I would be learning and put it to practice. I want my MAG to be blessed! Well, it's getting late and I've gotta get up early tomorrow, see you soon guys! God bless and thanks for reading! Two more baby pictures for you...
Young & Dangerous
Oops, I did it again!