/head>

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The Greatest Hero in My Life...

I want to share with you about the greatest hero in my life. I really admire him very much and he has never failed to impress me. Everything that he says just sounded so sweet like honey to the ears and every thing he does, he does it from the heart. It has been countless times when the things he does really really touched me. He has Solomon's wisdom, David's charm and valour, Joseph's never-say-die attitude and Daniel's determination. I remember those times when I was down and out and he's always there to give me a pat on my shoulder and tell me that I'm loved and that it's not the end of the world. Just being by his side, made me feel so secure and comfortable and that no harm would befall me. I wish that I could be half the man he is but I know I am nothing compared to him. My troubles are like chaff, easily blown away compared to what he had to go through in his life. He has taught me a great deal about being street-wise and how I could be smarter in the way I deal with things in my life. Things that I learn from him only makes me stronger and better. He taught me to be a better person and through the things that I learnt from him, it has made me the man I am today. He is a man's man and I really love him for everything he is. I see the way he treats others with love, tenderness and care and I know that I can never be as good as he is in the way I treat the people I love and care for. He has such a big heart for the people he love! He showers you with all the attention and not drawing any to himself. He puts you first in everything and you are always his top priority. When you have tasted his blessings, you just can't help but ask for more. He puts a smile on all the tiny lil' children in the house with his pleasant personality. Somehow, people are drawn to his charm. He's one person that gets more and more attractive when he gets older. If words could only express how much I appreciate him and how much he really means to me. There is no one on earth that could replace him. I'm glad that I have the privilege to know him in my short life. If I was to re-live my life again, I know that he's one person that I would want to spend my life with all over again. As I talk about him, I just can't help but shed a few tears. He has shared my tears and joy and nothing can replace the great moments we have together. He'll always have a special place in my heart. I know that whenever I am in trouble, I can always run to his arms for he will embrace me and tell me that I have nothing to worry about. Although, at times I don't see him as often as I should, he is one person that I miss very very much. I miss the times when he talks to me when I'm all lonely and needing someone to talk to. This person is none other than my dad. Thank you, dad for making a difference in my life. Thank you for you made me see Jesus in you! You are indeed my all-time hero. I thank God for you and I know no one on earth can ever, ever replace you. You mean so much to me, dad and I'll always remember the things that you have done for me. I want to say thank you for giving me the love and care that you have showered on me for all these years. I can never repay you for all the love you have showered on me. I am a stronger and wiser person because of you. Thank you!

I just need to spend one moment with you Somehow it's a brand new world I'm passing through You lift me high and you let me see Over the walls that surrounded me Don't need to prove myself Just need to show and tell It's you in me