/head>

Sunday, August 29, 2004

For You...

Thank you for sharing your heart with me. I don't know where to begin and I do not even know if you are reading this. But I am glad that you shared what you have to share with me today. I know that words are not good enough to tell you how special you are to me. You know that you can run to me and rest assured that I would always always be there for you. As I ponder on what you have told me, my heart sank when you said that things might be different. If I were to live my life again, I would live it differently. I would have treated you better and I would have cared for you more. It's really funny how the world is. I really do not understand it or why God place me here. I don't even understand why things are not as simple as they should be. How I wish that life was much more simpler. I hate myself. I hate myself because I can never be good enough. Everything I do never seems to be right. But thank you, thank you for seeing me as who I am and accepting me even when I'm not at my best. Thank you for laughing at my jokes and crying with me when I'm in pain and when my heart was broken. You were always there for me and I truly cherish those moments that we had together. I'll never forget the kindness that you showered upon me. You have been the source of encouragement when I needed it and you never fail to impress me. As tears roll down my cheek, I'd like to say that I'm truly sorry if I have ignored you or placed you second in any way. I have never meant to hurt you. Deep down inside me, you have a special place in my heart. No one can replace you! No one! I do not hold the future in the palm of my hands. I do not know what might happen next. But one thing I do know, that we are... friends for life and friends forever...

A friend sees the best in you, even when you're not showing it...
A friend knows when you need someone to talk to, when you need to be alone, and most important, the difference between the two...
A friend can tell when you need a hug and doesn't hesitate to offer one...
A friend makes you laugh when you see little to laugh about...
A friend will always come to your defence, no matter how often called upon to do it or how unpopular it makes her or him...
A friend believes you first and rumours second...
A friend never passes up the chance to encourage you...
A friend shares with you, even chocolate...
A friend tells you when you're about to make a mistake...
A friend is someone you can always depend on, even when you don't deserve it...
A friend brings out the best in you, but doesn't insist on the credit...
A friend understands you, even when you don't...
And that friend... is YOU!