/head>

Saturday, September 04, 2004

My Visit to City Harvest...

Finally! I got a chance to visit City Harvest Church. A world-class titanium-clad, column-free sanctuary, latest audio visual systems and a 14,000 member strong church . I've been planning to visit for so long and finally I got the chance to! I was so excited since I've heard so much about it. They had a rooftop garden with a baptismal pool. And I was so fascinated with their toilets! Here are some pictures that I took.

The Roof Garden
The Baptismal Pool
Machine Where You Can Pay Your Tithes
The Infamous CHC Toilet
The Column-Free Sanctuary
All these were so fascinating and exciting! I was caught taking pictures in the sanctuary and was warned by the ushers to stop taking pictures when the service started. Oops. *shy* *shy*... But above everything else, I really enjoyed the service. The worship was excellent and though I only knew two songs, the worship was just so powerful. I could just sense God's presence moving in the congregation. You know, in CHC, everybody clapped at the right beat! Hallelujah! You don't get to see that in DUMC. And yes, it's really annoying when people start clapping on the wrong beat. I was sitting at the top and I could see that everyone was jumping and praising God and just lifting up their hands and worshipping the Almighty. This is what I call a worshipping church! The main highlight for me was really Rev. Kong Hee. I never did like him and he never did give me a good impression of him when we first met many years ago. I thought that he was rather rude and darn straight forward with his comments. However, over the years, I can honestly say that I have started to develop this respect for him. I was really in awe today as I saw the humility that this man has. He spoke about prayer and how God can answer our prayers. I am deeply convicted and challenged to pray more now and I was just worshipping God and speaking in tongues the whole time. Here is what he said about "How God can answer your prayers":-
  • Desire it
  • Decide upon it
  • Ask for it
  • Receive it
  • Speak it
  • See it
  • Act on it
Rev. Kong Hee spoke about Elijah and how God used him to turn the whole of Judah back to worshipping God instead of idols in one day. Even Paul took 3 years to reach out to Asia Minor and Jonah took 3 months. But Elijah took one day... Praying leads to fruitfulness. If you are barren in your job, your friendships, etc, PRAY! and PRAY again! Never stop praying. Pray through till you get a breakthrough... For once, I must say, that I love CHC! I'll definitely go back to CHC again if I am in Singapore.