/head>

Friday, September 17, 2004

Sleepless in BU10...


Last night, right after worship rehearsal in church, we went for mamak at William's. Julia, Paul and I were heading back home from Taman Mayang. Suddenly, my housemate, Ricky called. He told me that I should not come home tonight because the power line across our street caught fire and sparks were flying everywhere. I dropped Julia back and I got Paul to accompany me back to my house to see what was the problem. My house did not have any electricity and my housemates were enjoying a nice tub of ice cream from the fridge with just a candlelight on the table. So I thought I'd stay over at my sister's place for the night. I got my stuff and decided to drop Paul back home. When I was at BU4, I saw the TNB people fixing a powerline there as well. Apparently, the same thing happened on the same street where Paul lived! But thank God, Paul's house was not affected. The TNB people were quite efficient, it took them about 5 minutes to get the houses near Paul's back with power. Oh well, I thought to myself, since they were fixing it here, I'm sure they'll fix ours in no time! So I called my sister to tell her that I won't be staying over and I headed home. Bad mistake... The power came back around 4am. I could hardly sleep the whole night! Was tossing and turning in bed. *Yawn* *Wink* *Wink* *Stretch*