/head>

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

My New Office...

The day that I feared the most has finally arrived... By 4 weeks time, I will have a new office. One without cubicles or partitions. Without multiple phone lines and fax machines. Without a pantry or a waiting area. Without conference rooms. Without a receptionist area. My office in KL is finally coming to an end. I will be working from home in a months time. We used to have like 15 of us in the office but as I write this, there's 7 of us left. And most of us are consultants so we are hardly in the office. Last week, only 2 were in the office. I guess that's probably why the management has decided to shut the office down and get everyone to work from home. I was at One Utama today, just testing out how it would feel like to work at Coffee Bean or at Freo Smoothies (Jeh, you still owe me a T-shirt, dude!). My first experience was not all that wonderful after all. The broadband service at Freo was down, so I had to use another network which was too far away and I kept getting dropped from their network. But thank God, I managed to finish my work for the day. There was only one question, "Hmmm... what happens if I need to go for a 'big' one? Where do I keep my notebook?". I never did get an answer... I hope things would be smooth sailing from now on...