/head>

Thursday, August 19, 2004

About Hebrew, Maturity and John Maxwell...

I just found a Hebrew word for Blog! Blog in Hebrew is "ןומשר". Ok, don't ask me to pronounce it. But it's just so cool, that they even have a word for Blog! Haha... amazing! I was sharing with my MAG the other day about "Maturity". Since most of them are still in college and high school, I felt this was something good to share. Maturity itself is not governed by age. I encouraged them that maturity is a process and a choice. You can choose to be matured. Though age plays a part because of your life's experiences but that doesn't mean that you grow wiser because of how many years you've lived. I challenged them that they can choose to be matured even when they are young. "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12 How can you be more matured? - Have a teachable heart - Have a hungry heart - Willingness and desire for change - Allowing the Holy Spirit to work in your life I bought the whole set of John Maxwell's REAL 101 Leadership Series yesterday! Yippie! REAL stands for Relationship, Equipping, Attitude and Leadership.

John Maxwell is one of my all-time favourite authors. He has challenged me to greater heights in my walk as a Christian, not only in my leadership skills but also how I should live my life. He'll be one of the guest speakers for Hillsong Conference 2005! Too bad, I'd only be attending the 2006 Conference because it's Hillsong's 20th Anniversary. John Maxwell is a leader of leaders and his award-winning books and New York Times Bestsellers include, "Developing The Leader Within You", "Developing The Leaders Around You", "Failing Forward" and "21 Irrefutable Laws of A Leader" are amongst the best leadership books in the market. If you've not heard of him, you do not know what you are missing out! Go out and get a copy of any of his books, you'll not be disappointed! Here's my collection of John Maxwell's books *grin*