/head>

Friday, March 18, 2005

Humble & Broken...

I was reading through my journal and I came across an entry which I wrote after I attended IDMC last year. I came across a section where I wrote about what Pr. Dr. Philip Lyn shared about Pr. Edmund Chan and what he appreciated about him. 1) He was humble & broken. He was a man of humiliy & a man with such brokeness. When Pr. Dr. Philip Lyn was praying for himself, he could hear Pr. Edmund going, "Me too, Lord, me too". 2) Sharpness of his mind He was able to articulate certain spritual truths through life experiences & through scripture. 3) Deep sense of his own heart as a place of restendness Just being close to him, you can't help but feel refreshed. Wow! I though tto myself, this is someone I would want to model after. I have great respect for Pr. Dr. Philip Lyn, and for him to share something like this, you can't help but just admire and love the man. Pr. Edmund Chan is truly an ordinary man used by God to do extraordinary things. Here are some principles that I learnt when I was there:- 1) The "With Him" principle Here is a man where you would want to be with. You stand next to him, and you want to learn all you can from him. Be it watching a movie together or learning spiritual truths, you just want to be near him. No wonder, people like Matthew and the rest would just drop down everything they were doing and followed Him. 2) The "Generosity" principle Pr. Edmund Chan not only offered his place to stay when Pr. Dr. Philip Lyn visited him in UK. But more oever, he spend 2-3 days of his vacation with Pr. Dr. Philip Lyn. He intentionally flew to KK to spend time with him. Imagine, a busy man like Pr. Edmund Chan who has been booked for till 2007, he is willing to spend 2-3 days of not just his time, but holiday to be with Pr. Dr. Philip Lyn, now, that is generosity! 3) Principle of articulating spiritual truths "Pr. Edmund was able to forge together spiritual truths through life experiences, deep soul searching issues, inner life issues through the refined Word of God", said Pr. Dr. Philip Lyn. It's important that each disciple should learn this principle. Since we should all be drawing our knowledge and understanding from Him who first gave us knowledge and understanding.

What can you learn from this? What can you do better?
Oh Lord,
My prayer is that you would break me, humble me,
through all the turmoils & difficulties in life,
that I would remain as a man
small and secure in You.
I do not want the world
for all I want is You.
Sweet Lord,
I am not worthy of Your grace,
Let alone Your Love,
But Lord, Thank you, Thank you!
For You love me above all else.
Lord Jesus,
I do not know how to lead others.
I do not know how I can impact others.
I do not know if I can run the race well.
But Lord, I want to place all my trust in You.
So help me Lord, my life is in your hands,
use me Lord!
Purify my heart,
Cleanse me from within,
Fill me, that I would not be lacking in anything.
All glory to You!
Amen!