/head>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Bahasa Indon...

Ohhh... wished I had my digital camera with me! Looks like I have to start saving for my Canon 20D already. I really wanted to post this picture of me having this seafood meal. There was like grilled prawns and crabs and mussels and fish and so much more! It sounded like a one-person meal so I ordered it. But gosh! To my surprise, it ended up to be a wholesome meal for two. (I finished it). I learnt some Bahasa Indon here and it needs some getting use to. For example :- Bahasa Melayu vs. Bahasa Indon Kereta vs. Mobil Motosikal vs. Motor Kereta Api vs. Kereta Selamat Tengahari vs. Selamat Siang Encik John vs. Pak John Cik Cindy vs. Pak Cindy (yes... weird huh?) Beef vs. Sapi Well, I find it really fascinating when you learn about a person's culture, their language and their history. It only makes me realise how unique I am to be a Malaysian borned Chinese who can speak Malay, English and Cantonese. Like my Indian colleague said, "My, you can speak Cantonese when I was in HK with you and now, you can speak Bahasa Indon when I'm with you! You are amazing!". Thank God! I sometimes wonder in our Christian culture, our Christian history and even our Christian language, how does people view us? Something for us to ponder about...