/head>

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Blessed Christmas...

Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year! I never wished to come to this, but here goes. "It's been a while since I last blogged." Yeah, yeah, I know, no excuses. It's been a rather rough couple of weeks for me. Besides just enjoying the holidays and watching the whole season of the O.C., my life has been rather preoccupied with work. Been working hard to meet my target for the year. Just another week to go and I really wanna make sure that I hit my target and get my bonus next year! Then can belanja some of you makan! *wink* *wink*

Christmas was fun. Thanks everyone for the Christmas wishes and gifts. Thanks for taking the time to remember me during this joyous occasion and thanks for being a friend. To be honest, I value special occasions like birthdays and special holidays like Christmas and New Year. It's really important to me that people remember my birthday for example. It never fails when someone SMSes me and wishes me happy birthday. It never fails to bring a smile. That's probably why I make it a point to remember people's birthdays as much as possible. Well, if you want me to remember your birthday, just add your birthday to my birthday alarm. I'll make sure that I at least wish you a Happy Birthday next year!
...And I got this email from my Managing Director this morning,
With some 23,000+ people killed around the region from this disaster on Sunday this event is colossal on the scale of world disasters. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those directly or indirectly affected by this freak of nature. From what I have been able to ascertain so far as far as the direct Intentia family is concerned is that Jakob Numler, his wife and son (not Albert who is with us in Singapore) who were on holiday in Phuket have been badly shaken by the impact of the tidal waves and Jakob's wife is in hospital in Phuket under observation. Thankfully reports are that they are OK but have lost all their possessions. I have not been able to make direct contact but Jakob's son Albert will let me know should any further information updates come through. I hope that there is no one else that has been directly affected to this extent from across the region but the full extent of the tragedy is only now coming to light. I will keep you updated in the event of further news comes to hand.
Jakob Numler is my Services Director in Intentia. When you know someone who is involved in this disaster, it makes all the difference. My prayers are for the families who have suffered because of this disaster. Let's continue to pray for them and that God's love would prevail amidst this tragic incident. My parents are here in KL and I have to entertain them as well. Going over to my sister's place for dinner tonight.