/head>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Lost in the Jungle...

Ah Whim Ba Wek, Ah Whim Ba Wek!
In the jungle, the mighty jungle,
The lion sleeps tonight!
Talking about jungles, I'm pretty lost right now. I'm in a middle of a jungle without a compass or a map. And that sleeping lion could wake up any minute and devour me. Oh, where am I? You see, I've been in this jungle for almost 3 years now and I thought I had an excellent guide. But unfortunately, things didn't work out as it was supposed to. I lost my guide. Now, in the middle of the jungle, without a compass and without a map, I'm completely lost. Life takes a whole new meaning when things are not what they seem. Today, a fellow hiker whom I've met for a few years now, had gone home to the Lord. He said me, "Ian, it has been a privilege and a pleasure to have worked alongside you and I wish you all the best for the future." And there, he breathed his last breath... I hope I'd be able to meet someone in this jungle. Or hopefully, a new expedition. I would gladly jump onto the bandwagon. At least I know, that I have a trustworthy guide and that they would lead me out of this jungle one day. I'm getting tired and stressed. Not because of the hiking and the lack of food. But rather, tired of being lost. I hope there are some signposts along the way that would show me the right direction to go. Hopefully, someone would come along and carry me home. But right now, it's all about searching and searching. How long more would I last in my current situation? I do not know. How long more before I see home? I do not know. How long more before the day turns to night and the night turns to day? I do not know. I'm lost... lost in the jungle... God, if you hear me, answer me. Show me the right direction. Lead me to the right path. I want to follow Your way and lean not on my own understanding. You are my compass. You are my map. Guide me like a shepherd who guides his sheep. Oh, what pain, oh what agony! Deliver me dear Lord! But for now, I shall walk... & walk... & walk... & wa... &... "Bless me indeed, Lord! Expand my boundaries! Your hand be with me! And lead me from temptation!"