/head>

Friday, October 15, 2004

We Are Impacted Most By...

...people of courage
...people of character
...people of discipline
...people of excellence
...people of compassion
...people of encouragement
...people of vision
...people of generosity
...people of wisdom
...people of faith
- Dr. Steve Stephens
A couple of months back, I shared this with my MAG. I asked them what would be their top three traits that they see in themselves and what would be the traits they would want people to see in them. We are all drawn to people like these. People who impact us and made a difference in our lives. These people are ordinary people set out to do extraordinary things. You and I are no different and we can be people who make a positive impact in people's lives. What about you? How do you see yourself? Are you impacting others in a positive way? How can you improve in areas that you are weak in? As we draw to a close for this year, spend some time going through these questions. I have attempted to do this every year to evaluate on what I have and not achieved for the year. It is a good idea to send this out and get your friends and family to evaluate on you as well. Here are some questions I ask myself during my think time.
  1. What are my 3 greatest strengths this year?
  2. What are my 3 greatest weaknesses this year?
  3. What are my 3 greatest talents?
  4. What is one thing that I am good at, but have nothing to gain for others?
  5. Name one incident that I have been an encouragement to others.
  6. Name one incident that I have disappointed others.
  7. Has there been an incident where my attitude outdistance my abilities? If yes, when & how?
  8. What are some areas that I need to improve on? (Strengths, weaknesses, talents)
  9. What is my greatest passion - the thing I love doing so much that I would gladly do it for free?
  10. What have my unique life experiences prepared me to do?
  11. What is so important to me that I would be willing to die for?
  12. What current circumstances can I positively change to free up more resources or create more opportunities?
  13. How do people view you? What are their initial impression? Has that impression changed?
  14. What would be a tag line that would best describe me?
  15. What is one area that I should beware of?

I'd like to challenge you today, to spend time to think through what is important in your life. What is the foundation of your values? What pushes you on and further in life? What can you improve by end of this year? What is one thing that you can do for somebody by end of this year? Isn't life about giving? How much have you give of your time, your money and your heart? I would like to challenge you to think thru these things and spend time to work on it. Don't wait till tomorrow for tomorrow may never come. Make today a masterpiece. The only adequate preparation for tomorrow is the right use of today. You can do it! I have confidence and faith that you are meant for larger things. May God continue to bless you and enlarge your borders everyday!

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Phillipians 4:8 (NIV).

Knowing my purpose in life, maximising my potential and sowing seeds to benefit others. - John C. Maxwell